Thursday, February 24, 2011

Reflections

Jonah participated in Reflections for the first time this year. The theme was, "Together We Can" and his was entitled, "Together We Can Clean Up Litter and Make the World a More Beautiful Place," all his idea. He made a sort of 3-D drawing. On one half, someone was cleaning up litter with real pieces of litter Jonah had picked up on his way home from school (when it was warmer and we rode bikes, Jonah was always filling up my bike cup holder with litter--many times I had to tell him not to pick up certain things because I thought they were too dirty) glued onto the paper. On the other half, the person is saying, "Yay!" for doing such a good job.
For a kindergartener, I was pretty impressed with some details--like the fact that the cloud had moved during the time that he was cleaning up. He didn't win a medal, which is what he really wanted, but he still felt very special and we were very proud of him.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Great job Jonah! So this is what they meant by "Reflections" I couldn't quite grasp the concept when Rique brought it home from school, maybe we'll give it a go next year.

Kate said...

Tanya, I didn't think about that--if you hadn't grown up in Utah you would have no idea what Reflections is because they don't really explain it very well, do they.