Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Jonah Turned Six

Way back in September, Jonah turned 6!! He was and still is (since he watched Star Wars a couple months ago) into all things space. Since we had just moved here and I didn't know who to invite to a birthday party--and if you give Jonah the reins he will invite at least 50 people--I decided it would be a family/cousins party. We headed down to g-ma's house for cake, ice-cream, and presents and then took the cousins, closest to his age, to the planetarium and fountains.
I've never taken a cake decorating class, so my cakes don't necessarily look professional, but they are a lot of fun and I must say, this is one of my best--a comet, the moon, the earth, and the space shuttle complete with fire.
Jonah got a "big Woody" to go with his big Buzz Lightyear. He was very excited! He kept saying, "A big Woody, a big Woody, bigger than my small Woody." (since he already had a small plastic Woody doll) Max was wishing we could have caught that on camera to embarrass him when he gets older, but we missed it.
Jonah gets more excited about presents than anyone I know. You feel like you did a really good job picking out a present because he lets you know how much he loves it. He loves to make other people feel good. I was volunteering at his school one day and a new girl was there for the first day. You could tell she was nervous and feeling very shy. Before the end of class, I watched as he made sure to go over and say, "I'm glad you're in our class." He seems to sense other people's emotions and wants to make them feel okay. He's done the same for me on my sad days. Love him so much!
On the moon...
at the fountains...

I adore this next picture of Wyatt. To me it shows the total inhibition and joy of childhood. I wish I could feel this way more often.

No comments: