Thursday, January 13, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten and A New Preschool

Back at the end of August, my oldest started Kindergarten. He was so excited! He wore his new shirt, his new pants, new shoes, and his new backpack. I was pretty excited too. I still remember my first day of kindergarten picture with a bookbag my mom had made with my name on the side.

He loves school (at least for now)--kind of takes after me in that way rather than his dad. In 4th grade Max's mom found out he hadn't been doing his homework. When she asked him why he said, "When I'm at school, I'll do work, but when I'm home it's 'me' time." Fourth grade!! Hopefully I won't have to deal with that because I was the complete opposite. An extreme over-achiever, I didn't know how to not have an assignment done, and when, in middle school, I told my mom that a friend got $100 for every A she got on her report card, my mom offered me $100 if I could force myself to get a C.
Little bro needed a photo that morning too. And I should just pretend that this was his first day too because on his actual first day of preschool, I forgot the camera when I dropped him off and...
then when I picked him up I realized I hadn't combed his hair. I think it was a busy day. Poor middle child! He loves his preschool too--can't wait to go every time.

No comments: