Monday, August 9, 2010

Easter

I love Easter. I think it is partially because Easter egg hunts were a really big deal at our house. My sister, Kris, made Easter egg hunts especially exciting as she has always been a competitive Easter egg hunter well into her 30s (oh wait, I think she just turned 29 again last year;). ) Egg hunts were also exciting at our house as we got older because my parents put money in the eggs--mostly quarters, but I remember one year where we were told that somewhere in our backyard was an egg with $20 in it. So you had to push and shove to get as many as you could to could increase your chances.

So far, the eggs at our house have only had candy in them and the hunters seem pleased enough.

Emmett only found one egg. He got it, opened it, and was done.
I think Jonah is helping or sharing with Wyatt here. He is really good about making sure Wyatt has fun. When they play games lately--usually Mancala--he might win the first, and if Wyatt seems sad, I've watched Jonah throw the second game just so Wyatt can feel good.

No comments: