Monday, January 4, 2010

Solon Beef Days

Yet another small town Iowa fair. This time we headed to Solon for Beef Days. These fairs are seriously one of my favorite parts about Iowa. At this one, the boys got to participate in big wheel races--and got a can of pop and a ribbon for participating, and they couldn't have been happier. We watched a magician, who reminded us of Michael from The Office--kind of awkward, trying to get the crowd to laugh but no one did--pretend to cut off a little girl's hand, which really upset Wyatt and we had to walk away. Then this time, I got to ride a fair ride with the boys. My dad used to go on all the rides with us at Lagoon and now I realize how impressive this is because by the end of this one tilt-a-whirl ride I wasn't feeling so hot. I don't know if he just never felt motion sickness or if he just pushed through it to be a good dad. Probably the later, and hopefully I can do the same.



No comments: