Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's a . . . .

BOY! 

We had our ultrasound this morning. I was pretty convinced, and I think Max was too, that we were going to have a girl because of how different this pregnancy has been from my others. I just thought there had to be something different to make me so sick--a girl, twins, a puppy, something. But it turns out that he is a little boy just like our other two. 

Jonah was a little sad at first because he has said for a long time that it is a girl and her name is Molly (a friend from preschool). It took a little while, but now he seems excited to have another little brother and says that we should name him Mikey (another friend from preschool). We'll see about that. Max and I have been very good at picking out names an hour before we leave the hospital. 

We're very excited!

11 comments:

The Livingstones said...

Bravo! That's exciting stuff for the Stirling family. As if life wasn't exciting enough with two little boys...at least, that's the way it is around here.

Max and Katie, I must admit that I had the chance to come out to Pella in January, and I passed it up. I've been to Iowa in the winter, and well, I think Iowans live in Iowa for the summers. So, the next time Vermeer invites me out for the summer, I'll be stinking up your basement again!

Tito

Jenni said...

Congrats! three of the same is so fun. And those boys are going to take care of you so well. Very Exciting

pamela said...

wow, another boy! you must really know how to raise them.

Jordan said...

Congratulations! Thanks for the christmas card. Your family is so darling. I can't wait to see what this next little boy will look like.

Vanessa said...

How fun - 3 boys! If anyone can do, it, you can!

Lynnell said...

Congrats! That is going to be so fun- 3 boys. That would be Marcel's dream come true.

Tanya said...

Yepee! Boys are so much fun. And much easier in the diaper department, as I've come to realize with our little Rora.

I love the thought of you guys coming up with a name on the way to the hospital, you're awesome.

Megan said...

Wow! You broke the pattern! Congrats to you all. Three boys will be awesome:)

Miki said...

Yeah for boys! You don't have to pay as much for weddings, shampoo, haircuts, etc. (Jonathan can rattle off the list pretty quick, coming from a family of 4 boys) We find out on Dec. 31st and I think it's a boy, so it will probably be a girl. Merry Christmas!

Michael said...

Congrats guys. If they are anything like Jonah and Wyatt, add another future president/pro BMX rider/diplomat to the family. We miss you guys and a good game night.

Emily said...

Katie I am so excited for you! Congrats. Thanks for your christmas card. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!