Sunday, November 16, 2008

Halloween and More

Well, at least I'm posting about Halloween before Thanksgiving, right? This is kind of similar to my goal with W's First Year photo album--I've just got to get it done before the next baby, right?

J had a preschool party where they all got to dress up, play pin the nose on Frankenstein, and eat treats. J is wearing a clown costume I wore as a child, although I didn't have the cool wig or the big red nose that usually wound up on Jonah's forehead or in my hands.


Here we carving pumpkins. We found the warty pumpkin at Bloomsbury Farm when Max's parents came to visit. It was called a "super-freak" pumpkin. Pretty cool looking if you ask me. I love Jonah's face in this photo. He does this in a lot of photos, but at least here it makes sense.
If you notice in the next photo, I'm trying to keep W's legs warm since he's not wearing any pants. This is because when I change his diaper any time in the evening, I go to put on his pants back on but he declares, "No Pants!" and wiggles away as fast as he can.

Halloween night. Scary creatures coming out to play. Oh, except for W who refused to to dress up.

This is our family's new favorite game--UNO. J loves to make any of us draw 2 or draw 4. W gets a big kick out of it too. The first person to win is declared "First Winner" and runs to the couch to jump up and down. The second winner also gets to jump up and down, but then has to lay down on the ground. 

I'm not exactly sure where these rules came from, but I usually get to beg out of the jumping on the couch by blaming it on the baby in my tummy. Max has his own excuse with a broken wrist. His tires slid out on a rainy day riding home from school a little over a week ago. It's the third time he's broken his right hand/wrist so as he says, "It's not my first rodeo." However, this is the first time he's broken it while having to take copious notes and type papers for school. I think he'll be glad when it heals.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I think I remember a picture of you in that costume! Cute.

The Livingstones said...

I'm glad Ian wasn't the only one who wouldn't wear a costume. Oh - and he frequently goes without pants. He and Wyatt must be BFFs. Maybe that's why he named his caterpillar Wyatt after we got home from Iowa!

brettparry22 said...

Max - who are you kidding? You didn't brake your wrist because of your tires. I heard it was a sunny day and you hit a parked car.