In an effort to catch up some blog posting, here is our winter in a nutshell. We were SUPER lucky this past winter to go skiing a lot. My dad bought a new truck at work and with it came two season passes to Park City. He has been having some back trouble and also figured if he did feel well enough to go skiing, he'd probably go to Alta or somewhere closer, so he gave us 2 season passes to Park City Resort. Quite the present! When he offered them, I said, "You know this is a really, REALLY nice gift, right?" He just said, "I figure you'll use them more than I would." And we did! It was wonderful being able to take the boys skiing for just a couple hours--about the maximum they can handle it anyway. Max and I went a couple times together and he and I even took turns going alone a few times. It was wonderful!! Thanks Dad!
On a full moon night in March, we took the boys tubing at Soldier Hollow. It hadn't snowed for a few days and had warmed up enough in the day to make it icy at night so the sledding was very fast and lots of fun!
My little brother had his second annual birthday skiing party and this year all 6 of us brothers and sisters (plus Max) were able to ski together. Mom and Dad came and met us for lunch. I'm so blessed to have wonderful parents and to be friends with all of my siblings, oh and to have an amazing husband too! I mean look at us. Don't you want to hang out with us too?
On one of the last possible skiing days in Park City--there was seriously a pond you had to ski through or around (in the slush) to get to the lift--we took Emmett for his very first day of skiing. He did amazing. We love edgy-wedgies. Totally the way to save your back and help your kid feel somewhat confident right away. I forgot to mention that Wyatt took his edgy-wedgies off this year and was skiing like a pro.
Overall, a pretty sweet winter!
No comments:
Post a Comment