Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Puddle Jumping

The giant snow piles in front of our house are turning into giant puddles. Hooray for spring!! The first time we went out, when I took these photos, poor Emmett only had his snow boots and it turns out they were not puddle proof.Since then he and I got some rain boots so now we can all play in the water.
Max isn't doing too much jumping lately, so he hasn't been able to join us. He tore his ACL in December, had it repaired late-Febrary, and has had a pretty bad inflammatory reaction since. Whereas most people are walking without crutches after 10 days, he was almost 3 weeks. He's limping around now, but is pretty exhausted after work everyday. I don't think it helps that he has to stand up for work pretty much all day, but what can you do?
Somewhere under all that puffiness is his kneecap. We hope to see it again soon.

1 comment:

AOlson said...

Wahoo for puddles! Boo and hiss to hidden knee caps. Hope Max's knee feels better soon.