Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Rest of Our Trip to Utah

We did a lot while visiting family in Utah and so I thought I'd try to record more of it. We went to a Bees game with Justin, Ashly and Fisher and decided that we will probably not be taking our boys to a baseball game again any time in the near future. They just wanted to ride the train, play on the playground, eat candy... I know, what did we expect from a 2 and 4 year old, but honestly, it was like pulling teeth just to get to the seventh inning stretch. We sang Take Me Out to the Ball Game and decided to call it a night.

We spent a weekend up at the Stirling cabin. Here's Max teaching Jonah how to hold a snake. I loving having three boys, but I just don't dig snakes and bugs and I have a feeling I'm going to have to get used to them.
Jonah needed a little reminding to hold the snake's head. Then he didn't want to hold it at all after it bit him on the hand.


Tutu (Max's mom) took us all for a ride on the Heber Creeper. The boys and their cousin Ava had a lot of fun, especially when cowboys came riding up beside the train shooting their guns in the air. They held up the train and stole the money box. When they opened it up and only found a stuffed duck, they were so angry they took hostages. It was a beautiful day for a train ride.




And here's Max showing off is mountain man skills. What a man!
Justin and Ashly came up while we were there and set up a zip line for the kids. They loved it.

I had to throw this one in just for memory's sake. This is Jonah with his bear, Argon. (It was Max's bear when he was young.) We're not sure where he got the name, but Argon can do lots of things--even some superhero things--and he often shows up in bedtime stories.

The Sunday before we left we went over to Natalie's house for a double baby blessing for Oscar and Emmett.
All in all it was a wonderful vacation. It was good to be with family and friends and to be in and near the mountains where we feel most at home.

No comments: