Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Rude Awakening
No, we were not awakened at 4:15 this morning by our children. They seem to have passed that stage except when sick or one of them has the rare scary dream. This morning, Max and I awoke to the loud purr, blare, roar of a snow blower. Our next door neighbor--who's retired and mows his lawn at least three times a week in the summer (and I'm not exaggerating at all)--was up at 4:15 snow-blowing his driveway. Yes, there was a big storm last night, but honestly, he's retired and is home all day! Max went out at about 6:45 to shovel before school and our next door neighbor was out again touching up his 4 am job. Max found out that his wife and son got stuck and had to stay in a hotel somewhere trying to come home last night because of road closures and so "the voice of reason" was not there to tell him he can't blast the snow blower at 4 in the morning. The worst part--we can't really complain because he has recently started to snow blow our sidewalk while he's meticulously cleaning his own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh i'm so sorry. nothing worse than being woken up by zealous neighbors.
Speaking of neighbors - well - we don't have any right now....but I went back to the old house today to pick up a few things we'd left....and it turns out that the neighbor's pet deer had somehow managed to get in the house. She tore all this trash out of a bag, and pooped on the floor. They must have shooed her out - because she was outside when I got there....but it's a shame they didn't bother to clean up after her. She was kicking at the door the whole time I was in there, as if I was in HER house. Man - sometimes no having neighbors is pretty sweet.
Post a Comment