Now, I had faith that they would work and I had seen that they had worked on other kids, but it was really exciting to see Jonah go directly from his Boot Scoot Bike to a pedal bike with such ease. I only had to hold on long enough for him to get his feet on the pedals, and we had to talk about how pushing the pedals backwards would make him stop, but that was it! 3 1/2 and riding a pedal bike with very little effort on my part. It was even less effort financially--I found this bike at a good will store and the price tag said $5.38. I thought, "Sweet! $5 bike." Then I took it to the cashier and bikes happened to be 50% off that day. Even better! It needed a new seat, but I happen to have a few of those lying around, so he was good to go. I love the sequence of these photos.
The Slightly Unsure Face
The Determined Face
Too bad it's not in focus, but doesn't that just say it all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment