Sunday, June 15, 2008

Our first funnel clouds!

So we have crazy weather here just about everyday, but yesterdays storm brought our first sightings of funnel clouds (baby tornadoes). We were outside doing some yard work when the normal afternoon thunder and lightning started, but this time we also got some tornado sirens with it. This first picture was kind of the first funnel that we watched develop out of the cloud. the second two photos came after the storm had swirled around and came back towards us. It was pretty cool. Just a lot of wind, rain, and lightning for a while.




6 comments:

Miki said...

Are you guys underwater?? Hope you are doing well.

Katie said...

Luckily we are up on a hill. Some of the homes we did look at when looking for a house are VERY flooded so we feel blessed to be where we are.

Jen said...

How crazy! I am sure after a while it will be a normal sight. Cool pictures!

the Andershall Family said...

Oh You Two! Look at all the great things you are doing already! I was so glad Grandpa passed this on to us. Now you can check our (quite boring) blog every so often as well. Your blog, on the other hand, is intelligent,artisitc, inspiring. Thanks! Aunt Georgia http://theandersonmarshallfamily.blogspot.com

Emily said...

I talked to Joy on Monday and she said that your house wasn't under water but Max was out of school. How are you doing? I would love to hear from you. Stay safe....

Emily

Vanessa said...

yikes, and welcome to the midwest!